U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION

Washington, D.C. 20549

 

FORM 6-K

 

REPORT OF FOREIGN PRIVATE ISSUER

PURSUANT TO RULE 13a-16 OR 15d-16 UNDER THE

SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934

 

Dated October 5, 2023

 

Commission File Number 1-14878

 

GERDAU S.A.

(Translation of Registrant’s Name into English)

 

Av. Dra. Ruth Cardoso, 8,501 – 8° andar

São Paulo, São Paulo - Brazil CEP 05425-070

(Address of principal executive offices)

 

Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover Form 20-F or Form 40-F.

 

Form 20-F   x          Form 40-F   ¨

 

 

 

 

 

 

Exhibit Index

 

Exhibit Description of Exhibit
 
99.1 Material Fact, October 4, 2023

 

 

 

 

SIGNATURES

 

Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this Report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorized.

 

Date:  October 5, 2023

 

  GERDAU S.A.
   
  By: /s/ Rafael Dorneles Japur
  Name: Rafael Dorneles Japur
  Title: Executive Vice President
    Investor Relations Director

 

 

 

 

 

Exhibit 99.1

 

 

GERDAU S.A.

Corporate Tax ID (CNPJ/MF): 33.611.500/0001-19

Company Registry (NIRE): 35300520696

METALÚRGICA GERDAU S.A.

Corporate Tax ID (CNPJ/MF): 92.690.783/0001-09

Company Registry (NIRE): 35300520751

 

MATERIAL FACT

 

Gerdau S.A. (B3: GGBR / NYSE: GGB) and Metalúrgica Gerdau S.A. (B3: GOAU) (jointly, “Companies”), in accordance with the CVM Resolution n.º 44, from August 23, 2021, hereby inform their shareholders and the market in general that, on this date, Section 3 of the Reference Form has been updated to report information regarding future management perspectives on CAPEX Strategic Investments and its consequent Potential Growth in Annual EBITDA (as per definitions below) and foreseen on “Gerdau Stakeholder Day 2023” Presentation, disclosed to the market on September 28th, 2023.

 

The Companies’ management expects that the Investments in Strategic CAPEX amounts to R$ 11.9 billion, considering the period of 2021 to 2026 (“Investments in Strategic CAPEX”). Of this amount, 27.7% (or R$ 3.3 billion) has already been invested, while the remaining 73.3% (or R$8.6 billion) are projected for the coming years (period of 2024 to 2026).

 

The Companies’ management expects that the Investments in Strategic CAPEX have the potential to, throughout the years of 2021 to 2031, generate a potential annual EBITDA growth of R$ 4.0 billion, at the end of the period (“Potential Annual EBITDA Growth”). It is worth mentioning that around 15% of this amount (or R$ 600 million) has already been captured in the EBITDA, while the remaining 85% (R$ 3.4 billion) is expected to be added to the Companies’ profitability in its future earnings.

 

The updated Reference Form on this date is available on the CVM and B3 websites, as well as on our IR portal (https://ri.gerdau.com/).

 

Lastly, the Companies clarify that the information presented above was based on forecasts, which are subject to market risks and uncertainties, having been estimated upon beliefs and assumptions of the Companies’ management, according to available data. In that regard, the Companies emphasize that such information does not constitute an assurance of performance, since the Companies’ actual performance for such measures may be materially different from the results expressly or implicitly contemplated by this data.

 

São Paulo, October 4, 2023

 

Rafael Dorneles Japur

Executive Vice President

Investor Relations Director

 

 

 

 


Gerdau (NYSE:GGB)
Gráfico Histórico do Ativo
De Abr 2024 até Mai 2024 Click aqui para mais gráficos Gerdau.
Gerdau (NYSE:GGB)
Gráfico Histórico do Ativo
De Mai 2023 até Mai 2024 Click aqui para mais gráficos Gerdau.